Rockley are looking to employ, qualified and experienced Senior RYA Instructors to take on the Activity Manager roles at our French Activity Centres.
The Activity Manager’s role is to support the Centre Manager and oversee all the activities at the centre. They are also responsible for the running of the centre in the absence of the Centre Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- The organisation of the activity staff on a daily basis.
- Running the beach on a daily basis with support from the Centre Seniors.
- Ensure that the high standards set out by Rockley Watersports are met at all times.
- Staff inductions, appraisals & staff motivation.
- Staff Development / Training & staff discipline.
- Basic boat and equipment maintenance.
- Providing help, advice & guidance to new instructors.
- Being the on-water Senior Instructor on a daily basis.
- Liaise with teachers on a daily basis to maintain good client relations.
- Work closely with the Centre Manager and senior team to maintain morale, staff wellbeing & create a social and effective staff team.
- Supervising the running of RYA courses and assisting in the running of courses as and when required.
You will need to be hard working, motivated and friendly as well as having good customer service skills. It is important for the Activity Manager to be flexible and professional at all times with both customers and staff.
As a member of our French team you will be paid through the French pay system at a rate exceeding French NMW - in accordance with your role.
Successful candidate will hold the following:
- RYA Senior Instructor Sailing
- RYA Start Windsurf Instructor.
- A full UK driving licence is also a requirement
- Experience in supervising / managing a group of staff.
- 1 seasons experience as a RYA Senior Instructor (sailing).
- UKCC Level 1
- MIAS Level 1
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- BSUPA Instructor
- Conversational French.
The employment package includes:
- Access to further training at Rockley pre / post season.
- A competitive salary paid on a 4 weekly basis.
- Paid holiday accrued during the season
- Discounted accommodation for friends & family
- Staff uniform provided by Rockley