Chalet Val D’Abondance is a 12 bedroomed chalet just outside Chatel in the vast Portes du Soleil ski region where owners and guests holiday together in a friendly club like atmosphere.
We are currently recruiting for 2 chalet hosts. The Chalet Host will report directly to the Management Committee (MC), specifically the committee member responsible for staffing at the chalet. On a day to day basis the in situ chalet manager will provide direction and guidance in order for the hosts to maintain the chalet to a high standard.
MAIN PURPOSES OF THE JOB
To assist in and maintain a high standard of facilities at the Chalet in the areas of catering and cleaning services, health and safety and customer service levels.
The Chalet Host will be required to develop a partnership approach with the (MC) and owners, taking on responsibility for daily services at the Chalet as part of a team consisting of Chalet Manager, Chef, & 2 Hosts
- Previous experience of similar chalet work preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and outgoing personality
- High standards of cleanliness, presentation and time keeping
- Working knowledge of French beneficial
- Valid UK driving licence
- Eligible to drive in France
- Certificate of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Experience of food preparation and catering for large groups desired
- £120 net per week payable 4 weekly in arrears
- Accommodation in a shared apartment
- Meals with guests
- Use of staff car for travel to and from chalet and the apartment
- Seasonal Portes du Soleil lift pass
- Ski / snow board equipment hire for the season
- Medical Insurance (Medi card)
- Employer’s liability insurance
- Return flight from UK to Geneva
- Transfers to/from Geneva Airport at beginning and end of season
- Share in tips and bar profit at the end of the season
- Bonus opportunity
In addition to this, we offer 1 week at the owner’s rate for friends and family to stay at the Chalet, subject to availability.
Personal belongings insurance is not provided, and staff are recommended to take out their own insurance and an EHIC.